Arkansas Global Connect

What is the J-1 Work & Travel Visa?

The J-1 Work and Travel Visa is available only to citizens of Australia and New Zealand who have recently completed university or other tertiary education programs. They are allowed to work for one (and in some cases two) years in a wide variety of professions without a training program as required with other types of J-1 visas. Participants usually pay their own expenses for travel to the United States as well as housing.

What Types of Jobs Can Be Filled by these J-1 Visa Holders?


Adventure Tourism



Business Managers

Graphic Design

Medical Health Professionals


Social and Welfare Workers


Music and Entertainment Professionals

Education Professionals

Writers and Editors

Get In Touch

Arkansas Global Connect is Here to Help

Contact us to find out more about our services, H-2A and H-2B Visas, or J-1 and E-3 visas.

Interested employers call us at (501) 204-6131 or email

Si quiere trabajar legalmente en los Estados Unidos, visite nuestra página de Facebook,